Read over the basic requirments for We Log Dogs daycare below.
Download and complete the neccessary forms before you arrive.
Book Introductory Session
Contact us and we are happy to book your Introductory Session.
Come On In!
Our friendly staff can’t wait to meet you and your furry friend!
To attend the daycare and/or boarding services, all dogs must complete and successfully pass our Introductory 1/2 Day Session (see details below) before any further attendance.
For the introductory session, we must have the following:
- Please download, print and complete our registration form prior to your introductory day.
- Up to date vaccination records for the following treatments:
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza & Parvo)
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough/Canine Cough)
Proof of Vaccination can be faxed or emailed to us by your veterinarian for your convenience. We only accept vaccination certificates – we DO NOT accept vaccine ‘passports’ or brochures. It is owner responsibility to ensure vaccines are up to date at all times and to bring in vaccine certificates. Dogs cannot attend at any time without current vaccinations. Vaccines as listed are a requirement of our insurance, and as such we cannot at any time waive this requirement.
Please note that vaccine updates or renewals done more than 5 days past the previous expiry date, or done for the first time, there will be a 5 day waiting period before the dog will be allowed to attend WLD. This is to ensure the dog has not experienced any adverse reaction to the vaccine, and to allow the vaccine to provide the protection it is designed for.
All dogs over the age of 7 months must be spayed or neutered. Females in heat may not attend.
We Love Dogs does not allow aggressive dogs into the daycare for the safety of all. However, we do not discriminate against breed – all dogs are welcome as long as they meet the health and behaviour criteria. Dogs’ behaviour in the daycare environment is continually assessed and supervised. Should there be any concerns about your dogs’ behaviour we will discuss that with you!
Puppies 16 weeks and up are welcome to attend daycare as long as they have had their 3rd set of puppy shots, bordetella vaccine and rabies vaccine. Owners should be cautious of facilities that allow puppies less than 16 weeks of age and should limit exposure to a dog park if under 12 weeks.
Our recommendation, for the health and appropriate socialization for puppies, is that dogs 16-20 weeks in age begin only with Half Days or Drop n’ Shops for daycare, as much as your life schedule permits. Puppies are more likely to over-exert themselves, get rundown, and are more prone to illness with excessive exposure to a large group of dogs and stimulation. Puppies should have equal parts rest and play and may require several breaks/sessions of downtime while at daycare.
We offer a 4 Hour Introduction Session for all new customers to We Love Dogs! We prefer to conduct the Intro session during the afternoons when possible.
The Introductory session allows the staff to assess your furry friend and see how he/she responds to a daycare environment. This visit must be booked in advance as we only take a few new dogs per day, and also so we can ensure all the appropriate vaccinations and paperwork are in order. We are currently booking Intro’s approximately 4-6 weeks in advance at this time.
As the purpose of an introductory day is to assess the dog’s behaviour in a group setting without the owner present, you will not be required to stay at the daycare outside of drop-off/pick-up. Due to company/insurance policy we do not allow owners to accompany dogs into the daycare during introduction sessions. A report card will be completed by our staff during the intro day to give you a clear understanding of how your dog did, and any concerns we may have noticed.
We require all new dogs to complete the introductory day prior to booking any boarding or daycare reservations with us. As boarding dogs will be part of daycare playgroups during the day, those dogs only requesting boarding will still be required to complete the introductory day.
What does a day at We Love Dogs look like?
Here’s what a day at We Love Dogs looks like:
- Dogs are dropped off by the owner and brought into the facility (dogs are organized by size, energy level, and age). We ensure shy dogs are warmed up to the energy by a slow introduction as needed.
- Once most of our dogs have arrived at WLD, we start the various group play. Dogs of similar size, and energy levels are grouped together and activities are organized to meet with each groups needs.
- Throughout the day dogs participating in activity add ons head out of the group play to enjoy those extras!
- As groups of dogs come and go from their activities, the dogs in the facility will have plenty of stimulation and fun with our range of different structures to play on and interaction with staff and other dogs.
- Staff offer structure by regularly intervening play, ensuring dogs are playing nicely and appropriately. Staff use distraction and positive reinforcement to encourage appropriate behaviours and discourage inappropriate ones.
- Dogs under 1 year old are given lunch (if provided by owner) in either a cabin or crate. After meals dogs rest for 45 minutes to ensure proper digestion.
- As dogs wind down and get tired throughout the day, nap times can be important. There are plenty of beds, and blankets in the play areas, as well as the nap room to accommodate your pet.
- Slowly as the day winds down into the evening, dogs will be picked up to head off home feeling happy and fulfilled from a great day of structure, exercise and naps.